Saturday, July 14, 2012

Oreo Ice Cream

I have very fond memories of Oreo Ice Cream from when I was a child.  My mom use to make this sweet treat for my sister, Tori and me during the summer back before you could buy Oreo Ice Cream in the freezer section at the grocery store.  I thought about it the other day and decided to make it for the kids.  I knew they would love it because it involves two of their very favorite things....oreos and ice cream.  And besides being really yummy....it is really easy!


Oreo Ice Cream

(1) Half Gallon Vanilla Ice Cream
(1) 12 oz. Container of Cool Whip
(1) Package Oreos

Let ice cream thaw until you can mix it (about 15 minutes).  Crush Oreos in a large ziplock bag. Mix ice cream, cool whip and oreos in a large mixing bowl with a spoon until blended.  Pour into a 13"x9" baking dish, cover and freeze until set.

No comments: