Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Lunchroom Mural

For the past two weeks I have been working on a mural at the lunchroom at Tallassee Elementary School.  Mrs. Williams, the assistant principal asked if I would be willing to add to the existing "food characters" that were already in the lunchroom.  I must admit I was a little intimidated because I have never painted a mural or anything this scale.  Once I got started it all fell into place and I am happy with the way it turned out. 
This was the way the wall looked when I started.  Mrs. Noble, a teacher (and former art teacher) at the school painted these cute little guys.
I gave each little fellow a few new friends and labeled each food group.




Georgie helped with the lettuce.  She helped paint his eyes!  She says she can't wait for school to start so she can tell her friends she helped with the mural.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Beautiful Leigh Anne! You are a talented artist....I can't even draw stick people!

School starts here on the 20th...where did the summer go?

Joey & Kami Scarborough said...

Another job well done!

Unknown said...

You did an awesome job! The kids are going to love it.